Throughout August we celebrated another of our Naimuri company values, Pride & Passion. Take a look at what we got up to:
Sessions were run by Paul G. and Dan C. at Capstan House exploring what Pride & Passion means to us at Naimuri. A number of work-based dilemmas were presented, along with four potential responses and each person chose one response. Here’s one of the dilemmas that was posed:
As a group, we then discussed the spread of answers, in order to appreciate everyone’s perspective.
Overall, we see a lot of Pride & Passion exhibited in Naimuri and this was evident in the results. Themes that arose were:
- When having Pride & Passion, it’s important to ‘behave normally and not dress it up’ – we shouldn’t be afraid to be ourselves.
- ‘Being interested’. Our weekly Show and Tell sessions are a great way to demonstrate this behaviour, by either standing-up and sharing something, or being there to learn, and support those who are sharing.
- Meeting etiquette. It’s important to stay engaged. We all agreed that improving our meetings could benefit everyone. We’ve taken that on board and will take actions on this.
Sam C., Sam P. and Joy P. joined InterEngineering at Manchester’s Pride Parade.
Case Study Published
Richard F. wrote a case study about an award winning solution we delivered for a ministerial department of Her Majesty’s Government. The solution provides access to a secure, collaborative & productive environment to support R&D against potentially sensitive UK data. You can read the full case study here.
Paul H. presented at the Digital Transformers Manchester Meetup. His talk was on Intelligence Digital Transformation and received a fantastic reception.
Show and Tell
We had some great Show and Tell sessions this month, really emphasising that the people of Naimuri have Pride for their work and the Passion (and courage) to show it off. The highlights were:
- Daniel N. showcased his dissertation about de-anonymising internet users, using stylometry and machine learning.
- Nigel J. talking through Mockaroo and how it enabled him to generate 4,000 records as test data on one of his recent projects.
- Neil M. shared a recent accomplishment achieved by him and his team resulting in a significant project success.
Value of the Month Award
Congratulations to Chris T. for winning this month’s award! Chris received many nominations which goes to show he definitely displays Pride & Passion. It’s shown in both his own work and in the way he helps others and this is admired by his colleagues. Well done Chris!
What We Learned
Most people here at Naimuri have, and demonstrate, Pride & Passion…that’s why they’re here! Our company is made up of many different types of people, but we all come together to engage and communicate to deliver good work and celebrate our successes.
During September we’ll be focussing on another of our company values: Accountability, so keep a look out for updates on what we’re getting up to.